Sunday, February 3, 2008

first grade confidential




According to legend, this is my first journal. As you can see, "who I Hait!" is followed by a long list of kid's names organized by an elaborate system of stars, check marks and x's. Then there is "who I LOVE:" followed by the names of my parents, myself, my cats, my friends and God in that order. There is also a list called "who I'm in Love with" but it's short: "Josaph" (followed by about 18,000 stars and hearts enclosing the word LOVE!) This alleged first-ever-journal ever also has many pages of frowny faces, giraffes, tic-tac-toe games, a screen play that's about seven sentences long, the first act of which is "Seen I, Amy: sniffle sniffle." There are drawings of hands with long fingernails, times table equations and stamps of dancing vegetables. Looking back, I can't say things have really changed all that much.

3 comments:

  1. I don't mind if you put God first
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that is so awesome.
    My friend Amy teamed up with the animator of the 30-second bunny movie parodies (any idea what I'm talking about?) and animated her 3rd grade diaries. Choice material:
    http://angryalien.com/amys_diary.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! I'm on the list! I love you too. It's amazing you still have this.

    ReplyDelete